Thursday, September 2, 2010

Last night in the great U S of A

I thought it would be best to leave from Chicago in order to save about $100 on my airfare and see René one last time. However, it required that my parents and I once again drive seven hours to the windy city. About 30min into our drive I realized I forgot my tickets...probably the most important thing. My bad.



We rolled into the city around 5pm and met René at his apartment. I must say we had a fun filled night with Papi driving around in circles and farkel-ing while waiting for dinner.



The next morning I finished packing and moving around my luggage in order to keep it under 50lbs (at home it weighed in at 62lbs. with 4lbs. of shampoo and conditioner...oops!) We rode the red to blue line to the O'Hare airport. While waiting to check-in I weighed my bag in an open line and it came in at 49LBS!!!! It was one of the greatest moments in my life. Packing for 5.5 months into 49lbs. and 2 carry-ons felt awesome!

Once we got to check-in I asked if my parents could accompany me through security, but sadly...no :(. We hung out outside of security for a few hours until it was time to go.



My flight left Chicago at 5:10 and arrived in London about 6:40 (London time) which is 12:40 US time. Jet lag is the weirdest thing in the world...it is disorienting and confusing all at the same time.

The rest of my London adventure will pick up in the next post!

2 comments:

  1. It was definitely weird having lunch when my body was telling me I should've been sleeping hours ago on my trip to Sevilla. Diviertete

    ReplyDelete